SS14 Lip Series

By | 12:18 pm Leave a Comment
It's technically Summer and although the weather really doesn't agree, I am blissfully (and quite delusionally) feeling the 'sunshine' and smelling the daisies, ahhh.
In light of this I am excited to start what I call the Kwakyewa SS14 Lip Series, documenting everything from lip health (yes, there is such a thing) to the perfect colours you need to be lip-ready this season.

Now here's a little secret, for all my present love for them, I only really started wearing lipsticks about 2 years ago after years of serious Glossaholism (It was bad. I was addicted to smearing the smooth shininess all over my pout. I needed help.). I was convinced lipsticks were dry and left awful patchy stains on the lips for days on end. But I was wrong (ish).

By now you may have seen the most prominent lip colour trend for Spring =
ORANGE.
It's everywhere and fabulous! But sometimes it works...sometimes it doesn't. And of course there is an upcoming post about how you can take hold of this trend and run with it. But I like to be different, I like to take the reigns on the unicorn and ride Sally ride! *Ehem* So instead of going with the trends here I begin with something...

BRAVE. BOLD. BLUE.

Introducing the Melt Cosmetics DGAF lipstick. In my opinion, one of, if not, the best blue lipstick I have found (and no, I found nothing that compares in the UK so had to order online). Its a beautiful matte lipstick that takes to the lip smoothly - and stays there. But another perk is that it cleans off quickly with a swipe of a makeup wipe.

I warn you though, this is not for the shy or faint hearted. If you're going to rock this, you've got to wear it with some sass in your step. People will talk, let them.

BEAUTY TIP: When wearing very bold lipsticks, ease up on the rest of your makeup, stay close to neutral and let your lips do the 'talking'. (Unless of course you are going to a carnival, or costume party...then honey, smack on your war paint).



0 comments:

Post a Comment