I was recently on a journey to meet a friend (its always a 'journey' for me, I live far from e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g, sigh), so I picked up Glamour magazine to pass some time. Luckily it was the Glamour Women of the year issue (I am inspired by anything to do with successful women) covered by Alexa Chung. Packaged nicely on the edge of the mini-mag was a tube of Eyeko London's Skinny Liquid Eyeliner in black. I couldn't wait to open it up and review it as I love a good winged liner, especially since Alexa Chung is its brand ambassador.
Now, I have been using the Vital Dip Liquid Eyeliner for well over a year now and I love it because it gives an intense black and the tip provides the right level of precision for a sharp wing. However, out of curiosity I have been eyeing up a few liquid pen liners for a while now so this little packaged seemed like the perfect opportunity.
The eyeliner has a modern look and comes as a slick streamlined silver tube making it an attractive addition to your makeup bag (travel or stationary). The felt-tip applicator pen on viewing looks very precise, sturdy and is relatively stiff enough for edges and corners during application. However upon trial, I find the tip of the tip is not very stiff at all and so you get quite big strokes when you apply pressure. The wider strokes have a strong pigment so if you are looking for a medium-thick clean blunt stroke this is great. It gets trickier when you are looking for thin and very precise light strokes (it is possible, but after intense concentration, a steady hand and artistic skill).
One thing I do love about it is the very quick drying time, and the easy cleaning.
Overall it is a good liner and I am content, I'm not madly in love at the moment but I think with a more consistent thin tip I may just be.
Purchase details:
Price - £12.00 (approx $16.00 at Sephora)
www.eyeko.com
*Peep the L.A. Colors lipsticks in the background? I'll be reviewing soon ;)






0 comments:
Post a Comment